Christine, a human resources professional and swimmer, banks with us in Boulder.
No Annual Fee
No Monthly Maintenance Fees
Debit Card with No Annual Fee
No Setup Fee
Funds Federally Insured up to $250,000
A Health Savings Account (HSA), when coupled with a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), enables you to take control of your own healthcare, save money on insurance costs and it can be used as a retirement vehicle. Contributions to your HSA are tax deductible and the account earnings will accumulate on a tax-deferred basis. Distributions from your HSA are tax-free if they are used for qualified medical expenses. To get started, obtain a qualifying HDHP from your health plan administrator, then open a Health Savings Account at Elevations Credit Union.
Open a Health Savings Account (HSA)
Call us: 303.443.4672, 800.429.7626 | Apply by Mail | Stop by a branch
You can use an HSA for:
Qualified Medical Expenses* (such as doctor visits, prescription drugs, hearing aids, non-cosmetic dental treatments)
Laboratory fees that are part of medical care
Qualified long-term care insurance and expenses
Funds may be used for eligible expenses for spouses or dependants, even if they are not covered by the HDHP
- HSA Checking Accounts earn dividends
- HSA Debit Card for easy access to your funds with no annual fee
- HSA Certificates are also available.
- A minimum opening amount of $100 on Standard HSA Certificates makes it easy to start saving. Earn higher rates on Jumbo HSA Certificates that have a minimum opening amount of $100,000.
- Contributions can be made by you, your employer, or both. However, the total contributions are limited annually by the Federal government. More information is available from the U.S. Treasury.
- Designate or Change a Beneficiary on your HSA using Change Form 2603H (PDF).
Health Savings Debit Card Terms & Conditions (PDF)
Health Savings Checking Account Terms & Conditions (PDF)