Implementing green energy efficiency upgrades in your facilities can reduce energy costs and help bolster your bottom line.
Elevations business energy loans offer financing for energy efficiency and renewable energy upgrades for businesses in Boulder County and the City/County of Denver.
Energy loans are made possible in conjunction with the grant-funded EnergySmart and Certifiably Green Denver services. Boulder and Denver Counties have set aside nearly $8 million of the grant funds to create a finance program to improve the energy efficiency of existing buildings and stimulate local economic growth.
View a list of businesses in your community that have already participated in the program:
Watch our video to learn more about how the program works.
- Save money with lower utility bills.
- Lower maintenance costs.
- Improve employee productivity and comfort.
- Improve tenant retention.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Get personalized attention from both your Elevations Loan Officer and an expert Energy Advisor who will walk you through the entire process from getting your loan, to finding any available rebates, to reviewing bids from contractors.
- Fixed rates starting as low as 3.75% APR*.
- 36, 60, 84 or 120 month terms.
- Minimum loan of $1,000**.
- Loan fee of 2% for energy loans over $40,000
- Property must be located in Boulder County or Denver County, Colorado.
- Before a loan can be issued, an Energy Advisor will work with you to ensure your project meets loan eligibility criteria and any available rates.
- A $25 processing fee will be applied and all borrowers will be required to become members of Elevations Credit Union.
Approved business energy efficiency projects include:
- Lighting upgrades
- Energy Audit ASHRAE Level 2 or 3
- Energy Management
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Office Equipment
- Laundry Equipment
- Motors and Drives
- Refrigeration, Food Service and Grocery
- Walls and Roofing
- Water Heaters
- FULL LIST OF BUSINESS ENERGY LOAN ELIGIBLE MEASURES
Here's how the process works
1. Get started with your business loan application
to get started with our online business loan application.
Note: Please remember to select “Energy Loan” in the drop down when asked in order to get the special rates that this program provides.
2. Talk with the energy advising team:
A. If your business is located in Boulder County, contact the EnergySmart program: Call 303.786.7223 or email email@example.com
B. If your business is located in the City/County of Denver, contact the Certifiably Green Denver program: Call 720.865.5457 or email CertifiablyGreenDenver@denvergov.org
3. Finish your project - Get rebates and find contractors
One of our loan officers will follow up with you to complete the loan process and coordinate with the Certifiably Green Denver or EnergySmart in Boulder County to make sure that you get the best loan rate, rebates, and participating contractors.
Business Energy Loans Print Brochure (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
Business Energy Loan Rates
Business Energy Loan Checklist
About Certifiably Green Denver:
The Certifiably Green Denver team can help you prioritize your energy saving projects, find contractors and identify available rebates. Visit denvergov.org/CGD, call 720.865.5457, or email CertifiablyGreenDenver@denvergov.org
About EnergySmart in Boulder County:
An EnergySmart Advisor can help you prioritize your energy saving projects, find contractors and identify available rebates. EnergySmart services are available to homes and businesses in all Boulder County communities. Visit EnergySmartYES.com or call 303.786.7223.
Participating Boulder County Contractors
Excel Energy Customers:
Any Xcel Rebates that you may qualify for can be combined with your Energy Loan as well as EnergySmart rebates. If you receive a rebate for your project, there is no prepayment penalty if you choose to use it to pay off part or all of your Energy Loan. To find out what rebates you qualify for, talk to your EnergySmart Advisor.
Congratulations on becoming part of Colorado's better energy future!