Kids’ Rags to Riches Club Account
The Rags to Riches Club is an educational program with a special savings account for children up to age 13. Activities encourage the Save, Share & Spend method of managing money. To encourage a savings habit, kids can pick a reward every time they make a deposit of $5 or more at a branch.
- Free Membership Kit includes three money pouches, “how it works” instructions, and a fun book
- Rags to Riches Savings Account has no minimum balance
- Opening deposit to get started is just $1.00
- Rags to Riches Certificates are available
- Rewards for Deposits
- Visit the Rags 5 Spot Clubhouse to see more benefits of the program.
How to Open an Account:
We offer multiple ways to open a Rags Savings Account:
Stop by one of our branches
Parents, to enroll your child in the Rags to Riches Club, open an account in your child’s name by completing the following:
- Review the Membership Avenues & Membership and Account Agreement (PDF). Note: Your child’s eligibility for credit union membership will most likely be “Family of current member.”
- Complete the Membership Application (PDF). As a parent, you will be guarantor on your child’s account. Please fill in the “Joint Owner” information.
- Open a regular membership savings account ($25 minimum balance). Plus a Rags to Riches Savings Account by writing this account name under “Account(s) Requests.”
- Optionally, you may also open a Rags to Riches Certificate by writing this account name under “Account(s) Requests” and indicating a term of either 12 or 24 months.
- The account type will be “Minor Account – Joint with Right of Survivorship.”
Please include when mailing:
- Completed application
- Copy of your photo ID (unexpired driver’s license, military ID, or passport)
- Savings deposit of $25 or more
- Rags to Riches savings opening deposit of $1 or more.
- Optional Rags to Riches Certificate deposit of $100 or more. (Add-on deposits can be made at a later date with a minimum of $10 per add-on deposit.)
Elevations Credit Union
PO Box 9004
Boulder, CO 80301
Once the account is active, grandparents, other family members and family friends may deposit money in the account in person at one of Elevations branches or our CU Service Center network of nationwide branches, or by mail.