Direct Deposit is the electronic transfer of a payment into your account. The payment can be divided among several different accounts and, in many cases, between different financial institutions.
Payroll Deduction is the most popular application of Direct Deposit. You initiate Payroll Deduction with your employer by giving them your Elevations routing number, EFT account number, and an indication of whether you want all or a portion of your paycheck deposited.
Direct Deposit can also be used for many other types of payments including:
- Tax refunds
- Social Security or other government payments
- Annuity payments
- Bonuses and commissions
- Dividend and interest payments
- Pension distributions
- Travel expense reimbursements
- Vendor payments
Learn more about how Direct Deposit works at www.electronicpayments.org.
Direct Deposit Instructions
- Print Direct Deposit Form (PDF)
- Fill in the information for the Elevations Credit Union account to receive the deposit.
- Give this completed page to the company or organization initiating the payment.
Elevations Credit Union
P.O. Box 9004
Boulder, CO 80301
EFT* Account Number
Your EFT account number must be 13 digits long.
- A = your 2-digit account suffix. Your suffix can be found on your statements or in Link24 Online Banking. Most checking accounts have a suffix of 08. Most membership savings accounts have a suffix of 00.
- B = your 6-digit Elevations account number. If your account number is less than 6 digits, preceed it with zeros (0) until it becomes a 6 digit number. Note: If you previously held a St. Vrain Valley Credit Union account, your new account number will be the number "1" + your previous 6-digit account number (i.e. the last 7-digits of the EFT number listed above).
Note: The numbers on the bottom of a personal check will be identical to the numbers above for your checking account, so to direct deposit into your checking account, you may use a voided check instead of this form.
If you need assistance, we would be happy to help you set up your direct deposit. Please call 303.443.4672.